Bugs are a higher priority than feature requests. If you are experiencing a problem, please ensure that you have updated to the latest version before asking for help. The following items have been reported as bugs, and work is in progress to confirm and resolve them.
Crossed out items have been fixed in a version that is in testing but not publicly released yet.
- Android 5+: Some devices are only updating the main app display and/or the notification icons once, when the app is brought to the foreground.
- Site Logger may record invalid/duplicate entries when switching PLMNs (i.e. Sprint/Clearwire). (Pro)
- Export Site Log feature does not include GSM sites. (Pro)
- CDMA 1X BSL and Site Note are displayed in the pulldown when a call is in progress. (Pro)
- Invalid data may be shown when Wi-Fi Calling is enabled.
- The app may become unresponsive for some users if all signal is lost for more than a few minutes.
- Home screen shortcut and/or widget sometimes disappears when app is updated.
- Web links do not work on some HTC devices with the HTCLinkify routine removed.
- Widget displays improperly on some devices. (Pro)
- Various Known Issues which cause problems in SignalCheck but must be fixed by others.
Here is a list of suggestions that are planned for SignalCheck in the future.. this list is roughly prioritized, with the more important suggestions near the top. New features are always being added; some may take longer due to complexity.
Crossed out items have been added to a version that is in testing but not publicly released yet. Feel free to let us know if you have more suggestions!
- Indicators for carrier aggregation (CA)
- Android Wear control settings
- Mapping site locations
- Option to show ECI (GCI in decimal format)
- Drive Mode to show limited data in large readable fonts
- Option to set quiet hours for alerts
- Mobile connection IP address display
- Ability to view log .db files
- Ability to import logs without losing existing data
- Ability to import logs automatically from a specified URL
- Export log using standard Android Share menu
- Export .csv log limited to a custom date range
- Option to set .csv log file name
- Integration with OpenCellID
- Option to add provider name to second line of widget
- Option to use AOSP-style signal bar icon
- DashClock plug-in implementation
- Warn users when geocoding service appears to be stopped
- Optional alerts for when all cellular signals are lost
- Optional alerts for when connecting to specific LTE bands
- Optional alerts for when telephone calls are unavailable but data is connected
- Optional alerts for when connecting to an LTE site with no note
- Optional alerts for when Wi-Fi is connected or lost
- Optional icon to indicate data connection status
- Optional icon to indicate telephone calls are unavailable
- Improved widget design
- Widget for airplane mode
- Widget for system shortcuts
- Show live map view with signal data overlay
- Widget background options (black, transparent)
- Live updating notification pulldown icons
- Option to trigger alerts only when connecting to a particular site for the first time
- Transparent overlay mode to continue using device with signal information remaining on-screen
- PCI status bar icons
- Option to disable alerts upon headset or Bluetooth connection
- Option to poll Wi-Fi more frequently
- Optional Wi-Fi signal status bar icon
- Optional icon to display provider name or abbreviation
These are items which would make great additions to SignalCheck, but are not possible at this time due to hardware and/or software limitations beyond our control. Development efforts on these items will continue whenever new information becomes available.
- Non-rooted LTE frequency display for non-HTC devices
- LTE cell ID display for pre-4.2 devices other than HTC
- Identification of DC-HSPA+ connections
- Method to force radio band re-scan
- EV-DO sector & provider information for non-HTC devices
- PN information display
- PN status bar icons